In case you’re wondering, I have been too busy to keep up with posting DLANC committee meeting agendas. Consider the (Unofficial) DLANC News site (unofficially) retired for now.
The Economic Development committee will have its regular monthly meeting on Friday, February 6 at 6:30pm at 1100 Wilshire. Notable items on the agenda include:
- Discussion on success of Edwardian Ball at Tower Theater and how to encourage similar events.
- DIscussion on condo sales and leasing of residential units and what is needed to encourage people to move Downtown.
- Set up working group to develop a survey on what amenities are needed Downtown.
- Possible action on DLANC involvement in the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy program.
The Sustainability committee was recently awarded a grant by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for $15,000 in professional services to help develop a community greening strategy.
The Parks, Recreation, & Open Space committee will have its regular monthly meeting on Monday, February 2 at 6:30pm at The Exchange (114 W 5th St). Notable items on the agenda include:
- Discussion of new park being purchased with Quimby funds on Spring Street.
- Discussion of options presented by RAP for the Palm Court area of Pershing Square.
The Planning & Land Use committee will have its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 20 at 6:30pm at Villa Flores (1020 S. Flower). Notable items on the agenda include:
- Presentation by Emily Cohen (GH Palmer) regarding proposed 6-story mixed-use project at 909 W. Temple Street.
- Presentation by Tyler Murphy (The Robin Group) regarding revocation action/possible nuisance abatement proceedings at 740 Club at 740 S. Broadway.
- Update by Brandon Finch (EPG) regarding Belasco Theater nightclub project at 1050 S. Hill Street.
The Planning & Land Use committee also unveiled its new website. Pretty.
The Parks, Recreation, & Open Space committee will have a special meeting on Wednesday, January 14 at 6:00pm at 453 S. Spring St, Suite 1020. Notable items on the agenda include:
- Motion of support for Louise Capone Senior I Recreation Director Pershing Square.
- Motion of concern and no confidence in Pershing Square management decision to reassign Louise Capone from Pershing Square.
The regular monthly meeting for the Education committee was cancelled. The next regular meeting will be February 11, 2009.
The Board of Directors will have its usual monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 13 at 6:30pm at the Los Angeles Theatre (615 S. Broadway). Special items on the agenda include:
- SDAT Grant Press Release/Package: Sustainability Committee
outreach concerning grant award and its potential impact on
- Neighborhood Council logo competition: Competition plans.
The Executive committee will have its regular meeting on Friday, January
8 9 at 5pm at 453 S Spring St, Suite 1020. I don’t have the patience to pick out any special items, so just read the full agenda.
The Arts committee will have its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 17 at 6:30pm at Bert Green Fine Art (102 W. 5th St). Notable items on the agenda include:
- Update fro Mark Walsh on the meeting with Curt Gibbs of CRA about the creation of a system consolidate all the info for calendar events
- Presentation by movie theater owners about events that tie then into the gallery row scene
- Street vendors during art walk- there were signs up on the walls requiring that all vendors have a permit. Was this enforced? Are the vendors good for the galleries?
- Open discussion on the economy and the future of Gallery Row